The award for ‘weirdest news story of the last 24 hours’ goes to this one: Batman: Arkham City is getting an album. Of the musical sort. And it’s not the game’s soundtrack. Instead, Warner Bros. have put together a bunch of random songs that bear no connection to the Dark Knight aside from the fact that they are, well, dark. You know, noisy, broody, guitary.
It’s out on October 4, two weeks before the game, but collector’s edition purchasers will get a free download code for it, so they too can listen to such upliftingly-titled tracks as ‘Total Paranoia’ by System of a Down frontman Serj Tankian (I knew that as soon as I saw his name, honest), ‘Drown in You’ by Daughtry and ‘Deranged’ by Coheed and Cambria. If I’m going to be honest, I don’t think Bruce Wayne would listen to this sort of thing when chilling in the Batcave. I think he’s more into opera. Have a peek at the track list for yourself.
- Panic! At The Disco – Mercenary
- Coheed and Cambria – Deranged
- The Duke Spirit – Creature
- Black Rebel Motorcycle Club – Shadow On The Run
- Blaqk Audio – Afterdark
- The Raveonettes – Oh, Stranger
- ††† (Crosses) – The Years
- The Damned Things – Trophy Widow
- Daughtry – Drown In You
- The Boxer Rebellion – Losing You
- Serj Tankian – Total Paranoia
- A Place to Bury Strangers – In The Shadow (Bonus Collector’s Edition track)
There’s not much to say about this apart from ‘what? Oh’ before swiftly moving on, which is what I shall do. Pop back on Friday for what shall hopefully be a 1,500-word epic on lightsabre-wielding ten-year-olds, if all goes to plan at a certain other website I write for. Fingers crossed.